I see a lot of people on social media are over 2016 and ready to welcome 2017 with open arms. Personally, 2016 was a pretty good and productive year for me. I am excited to see what 2017 has in store as well though!
Tonight I sat down and began writing out my resolutions as I do every year and have been excited to see how many items I can check off on that list! (I also peered back on 2015’s resolutions and have crossed a few extra items off but let’s just stick with 2016, and the upcoming 2017.
So how did I do this year?
This year I visited Honduras, Belize and Mexico!
1. One new country (at least)
2. One new Canadian province (at least) I got across Canada this year! British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
3. One new American state (at least) Miami
4. Get a second dog Sadly this wasn’t in the cards for 2016
5. Get a fish! (Yes, really!) This happened! Unfortunately he also died 🙁 I may have cried to two days about it.
6. Get my photography published somewhere Not quite, but my writing was put on Huffington post which has been great!
7. Get my G class license Success! Procrastination is no joke, my license almost expired LOL
8. Work with (at least) one company through one of my blogs I was SO fortunate to be able to work with multiple brands through my blog this year! Can’t wait to see what happens in 2017!
9. Upgrade some of my equipment I got a new mirrorless camera which has been fantastic for travel, as well as a new computer right as my other one gave up on me!
10. At least one vlog/month I feel like this will never happen. Vlogging doesn’t seem to come naturally to me, but who knows what the future holds!
11. Blog at least one day per week on each blog Not exactly. Sometimes this was a success (ie blogging daily in September) But I think I can do better!
12. Reach over 10k followers on my travelpicturesblog Instagram Not quite!
13. Keep my savings account growing Not doing too badly, but mostly goes out into travel tickets!
14. Some physical activity at least 2x per week I did manage this for the last few months. I actually got a crippling back injury in May and activity is the best solution for pain management!
15. Cut down on Starbucks/Second Cup/Tim Hortons drinks We bought a wonderful Nespresso machine and now coffee at home is the best!
16. Move out of my current house Not exactly! But here’s hoping in 2017!
10/16 Not too bad!
Interested in what I’ll be working on this year? Check out my 2017 resolutions below!
1) At least one new country
2) At least one new state
3) Join a gym and go 3x/week
4) Go to a coffee shop one day a week to focus on the blog
5) Be more active on Pinterest (My newest addiction)
6) Start a monthly newsletter
7) Release an eBook
8) Begin learning a language (French, Spanish and German are in the running)
9) Move out of my current house
10) Get a new car
11) Learn how to quilt
12) Get involved in my community
13) Make healthier food choices
14) Go to a movie alone
15) Be more present on Twitter
16) Go to a sport game
17) Go to a concert
So there you have it! Let’s see how many I can check off this list by 2018!
I wish you all such a wonderful New Year! Hoping it brings you love, success and lots of happiness!